We are extremely passionate about two things: Our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of translating real-time biological signals into digital information, which in turn leads to products and applications that will positively impact and transform our future.
By integrating molecular biology with semiconductor electronics, we have linked computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time. Using a biocompatible nanomaterial – graphene – which is a near perfect conductor as it is only one atom thick, we have patented uses of this material to gain a signal resolution high enough to listen into real-time molecular interactions. That means, our technology effectively taps into biology’s internal communication to expand or replace current optical and static measurements with interactive live streams of multi-omic signals and analyses.
We’re driven by this vision, and we need talented people who share it, as we’re rapidly growing and looking for talents who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. If you think you fit our dynamic and fun culture, please consider joining us to help shape a new paradigm in science, building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.
About the Role
The Technical Project Manager will join our Project Management Office group and will have the opportunity to experience a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and multi-disciplinary work environment across Project Management, Biology and Biochemistry R&D, Electrical Engineering, Chip Design R&D, and other functions. The project portfolio will integrate each of these disciplines in research projects related to enabling, next generation, and disruptive innovation, while working towards a culture of project group excellence.
Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Plans/manages projects that are directly tied to the development and release of technology related solutions meant for both internal and external customers.
- Preferred knowledge of several of the following areas: graphene chip design, microbiology, and biochemistry, bioconjugation techniques, robotics, software, and the development processes and business practices to perform the work.
- Provides leadership for the team, interfacing with key stakeholders on each project, while working with multiple project resources.
- Works on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific set of documentation per project.
- Willing to understand the detailed process of document creation and contribute hands-on when/if required.
- Identifies tasks, determines dependencies, and assigns specific resources, communicates expectations to team members, obtains task effort and duration estimates from team members, and creates/tracks the project schedule to meet overall program timelines/goals.
- Actively engages in forward-looking risk assessment and contributes to team identification of solutions to minimize risk and support on-time, on-budget project success.
- Monitors progress against schedule and escalates challenges and potential solutions as appropriate.
- Coordinates resources with other functions, as necessary.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner and drives continual improvements in project execution with an obsession to improve user acceptance and experience.
- Reviews user and technical requirements for completeness and clarity
You Will Need
- BS in engineering, life sciences, or related discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, and/or Biomedical Engineering, etc.
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D., MBA) a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Technical and Product Development acumen
- Experience working within design control parameters
- Familiarity with Project management tools, such as Smartsheets, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- A track record of participating in complex development activities with an external partner preferred
- High level of integrity and can inspire to the demands of the highest standards from a professional and ethical perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with a closely within a team as well as be able to interact with diverse members of the company at large
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Onsite at Cardea’s San Diego location
- Travel up to 10%