We are extremely passionate about two things: our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of having “Powered by Cardea” products and applications impact and transform our lives from human health, agriculture, food and water safety, diagnostics, biosafety to the environment.
We are linking computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time by building a Tech+Bio Infrastructure with chipsets based on our proprietary Biology-gated Transistors, or Cardean Transistors™. These electronic transistors leverage graphene, a nanomaterial that in contrast to the common semiconductor material silicon, is biocompatible and acts as a near perfect conductor. The result is a powerful paradigm-shift in life science, replacing optical “single snapshot” observations with electronic systems that can capture interactive live-streams of multi-omics signal analysis in real-time. Together with our Innovation Partners, our technology enables the translation of real-time biological signals into digital information to provide immediate biological insight.
We are rapidly growing and looking for talented people who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Join us in building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and highly self-motivated Senior Scientist to join our team to help us advance the use of molecular biology assays with our Cardean Transistors. The ideal candidate will have with 8+ years of industry experience developing and employing a wide variety of assays and will be responsible for leading an exciting new project with commercial applications. For more information about our company and the broad range of applications for our technology, please visit our website, www.cardeabio.com.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proficient in writing and presenting findings
- Passion for working and learning within a scientifically and technically diverse company
- Able to manage and shift focus between multiple projects
- Experience across multiomics disciplines
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to determine next steps.
Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Design and optimize different classes of protein-based assays including but not limited to immunoassays, small molecule, and enzymatic assays. Experience with CRISPR-based assays is a plus, but not required.
- Design and optimize sample processing, bioconjugation, and surface chemistries with responsibility for integrating those biochemical workflows with new products.
- Support and perform biomarker detection projects with key external partners
- Effectively transfer assays from our Innovation group, through Development, to Commercial and Production teams.
- Explain and present research results orally and in writing to include external commercial partners as well as internal presentations, external conferences, white papers, and peer reviewed publications
- Perform equally well as a collaborative team member and a strong scientific individual contributor depending on project needs; be highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies and developments including those relating to molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and biosensors
- Collaborate with and manage critical relationships with external commercial partners
- Effectively communicate scientific results and progress to cross-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to building our culture that embraces inclusion, continuous learning, and improvement
- May be required to manage Research Associates and Technicians