We are extremely passionate about two things: Our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of translating real-time biological signals into digital information, which in turn leads to products and applications that will positively impact and transform our future.
By integrating molecular biology with semiconductor electronics, we have linked computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time. Using a biocompatible nanomaterial – graphene – which is a near perfect conductor as it is only one atom thick, we have patented uses of this material to gain a signal resolution high enough to listen into real-time molecular interactions. That means, our technology effectively taps into biology’s internal communication to expand or replace current optical and static measurements with interactive live streams of multi-omic signals and analyses.
We’re driven by this vision, and we need talented people who share it, as we’re rapidly growing and looking for talents who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. If you think you fit our dynamic and fun culture, please consider joining us to help shape a new paradigm in science, building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for a detail oriented, statistical approach to scientific data analysis. You will analyze biosignals recorded by new graphene based electronics coupled to active biological components. Analysis will be done using a variety of platforms such as Prism and Python Notebooks. You will coordinate with our Software Development Team to integrate successful new analysis approaches into our internally developed analysis software. The candidate will report to the Measurement Group Leader.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with bench scientists to perform statistical evaluation of experiment results
- Create reports and presentations summarizing data and analysis for both internal and partner driven projects
- Collaborate with scientists and partner companies to understand user needs and translate into appropriate statistical approaches, data algorithms, and visualization of data to provide conclusions and new insights.
- Proactive analysis of data to inform scientists of new correlations and directions for optimizing chip, biology, and overall system and assay performance
- Create custom data visualizations and analysis approaches to aid in understanding experiment results
- Develop analysis scripts or notebooks using a python tool like Jupyter Notebook.
- Collaborate with Software Development to set requirements for new analysis and data visualization modules and verify that created software meets those requirements
- Provide progress, and reports to supervisors
- Identify problems and suggest improvements
- Use collaborative communication tools such Teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Biological Science or Engineering with an emphasis on statistics
- Experienced coding using Python, NumPy, and SciPy
- Familiarity with common biological assays such as ELISA
- Familiarity with binding kinetics or similar real time assays
- Ability to work closely within a team as well as be able to interact with diverse members of the company at large
- Available to meet daily with staff in San Diego during business hours in California.
- Able to work full time