We are extremely passionate about two things: our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of having “Powered by Cardea” products and applications impact and transform our lives from human health, agriculture, food and water safety, diagnostics, biosafety to the environment.
We are linking computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time by building a Tech+Bio Infrastructure with chipsets based on our proprietary Biology-gated Transistors, or Cardean Transistors™. These electronic transistors leverage graphene, a nanomaterial that in contrast to the common semiconductor material silicon, is biocompatible and acts as a near perfect conductor. The result is a powerful paradigm-shift in life science, replacing optical “single snapshot” observations with electronic systems that can capture interactive live-streams of multi-omics signal analysis in real-time. Together with our Innovation Partners, our technology enables the translation of real-time biological signals into digital information to provide immediate biological insight.
We are rapidly growing and looking for talented people who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Join us in building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Biophysicist in San Diego or Claremont, CA with 3-5 years of laboratory experience in protein and /or DNA structural characterization techniques and analysis. This person will be primarily responsible for directing measurements and characterization as a part of an effort in development of new electronic tools for biomolecule characterization.
- Background in biophysics and chemistry/biochemistry.
- PhD in biophysics, structural-biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or other related engineering fields.
- Understanding of protein structure (Understanding statistical behavior, and mathematical description is a plus).
- Familiarity with single molecule biophysics and/or cryo-EM studies.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to determine next steps.
- Highly creative and inventive problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Eager to be part and participate in a fast pace multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience with sensors and single molecule analysis is a plus
- Familiarity working with programming for data collection and analyzing data sets.
Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Work as a part of a team to design electronic molecular characterization systems
- Work independently as a subject matter expert to direct experiment and data analysis and help design future experiments.
- Work routinely with other departments to solve problems and devise experimental plans.
- Develop experimental plans, deliverables and milestones.
- Protocol development and timely delivery of experimental reports.